Nepal Breaking NewsNepal Stock ExchangeThe Upper Tamor and Manang-Marsyangdi Hydropower Projects have been for...

The Upper Tamor and Lower Manang-Marsyangdi Hydropower Projects have been approved for a Rs 97 billion investment by the Investment Board

Must Read
spot_img

The Upper Tamor Manang-Marsyangdi Hydropower Projects have been for a Rs 97 billion investment by the Investment Board. On Tuesday, a meeting in Baluwatar chaired by Prime Minister KP Sharma Oli approved the investment in the Upper Tamor (285 MW) and the Lower Manang-Marsyangdi Hydropower Project (139.2 MW).

The Upper Tamor Hydropower Project will be built by Sanima Group with foreign investment. The Department of Electricity Development has already granted approval for the project’s construction.

Similarly, the Butwal Power Company (BPC) plans to build the Lower Manang-Marsyangdi project with Chinese investment. BPC will own 20% of the project, while the Chinese company will invest the remaining 80%.

The Investment Board has also the process of issuing a survey permit for the Lower Arun Hydropower Project (679 MW) to be built in Sankhuwasabha district, after approving the draft MoU to study the feasibility of Lower Arun. The government has already decided to award the project to SJVN India. The Tamor Reservoir Hydropower Project’s survey permission was also discussed at the meeting (756 MW).

You May Also Like:

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Latest

Cooperation between Nabil Bank and DV Excellus on agricultural credit

Nabil Bank and DV Excellus (Farming App) have agreed to enable farmers registered on the Farm platform with easy...

More Articles Like This